Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reflection on Project 2

Below I will reflect on my final draft of Project 2.
Steffan Ritt. "Canada's Fireworks" 07-31-2013. GNU Free Documentation.
What was specifically revised from one draft to another?

In my revised draft I really made sure to focus more on the author's strategies instead of the treatment the author was talking about. I switched words like "it" to "he" to show how the author's actions were affective more just that the strategy was effective.

How did you reconsider your thesis for organization?

I made my thesis more specific. I made sure that it was geared towards what the rest of the paper was going to be about and kind of squished my whole topic and direction in one sentence.

What led you to these changes? 

I think it was overall more effective and made everything easier to identify. I also changed it because I think my introduction was getting too wordy and it was kind of difficult to see the direction my paper was taking on.

How do these changes affect your credibility of an author?

I think they increase my credibility because I identified the issues with my previous draft and revised them to improve my overall project.

How will these changes better address your audience or venue?

These changes will help my audience understand my project a lot better and make them feel more comfortable reading it all the way through.

How did you reconsider the conventions of the particular genre in which you are writing?

I reconsidered the language I was using. During the revision process I found myself changing words to make the language more formal because I remembered that this genre requires more formal writing.

How will these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?

This change helps my audience realize the genre they will be writing in and what's expected of them in the future.

Did you have to reconsider the conventions of the particular genre in which you are writing?

I didn't have to reconsider them too much because I am already very familiar with the conventions of this genre.

How does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer?

It really just helped me put my writing in check and improve my argument as a whole because I catch myself in mistakes if I was going to fast or couldn't find the mistakes before. Every time I revise I find new things that I could improve on so it helps me grow my identity as a writer.

Reflection
I looked at Alyssa's and Savannah's blog posts. I noticed that all three of us mentioned that we made the most revisions on our introduction and conclusion due to the blog posts. Alyssa mentioned that one thing she learned from this project was that it's important to be very sure of the topic you're writing on before starting the project. I really agreed with this because I had to shift the topic of my draft a little bit to focus more on the rhetorical strategies than the subject the author wrote about.


3 comments:

  1. We had a similar reflection! I agree reconsidering everything and making revisions strengthened my paper as well and made my ideas more coherent. I also agree that reflection helps catch mistakes you would otherwise miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is interesting that you edited to focus more on the authors strategies. I needed the most editing on my intro and conclusion, and found rewriting them helped a lot. I also made overall changes in sentence wording or structure to improve the flow of my essay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were better prepared for writing this paper than I was. I noticed when you were in the editing stage, you were really spot on with who your audience was so the only changes you had to make was bettering your thesis to focus your paper on the direction it was taking.

    ReplyDelete