Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Analyzing Purpose

In this post I will discuss the purpose of my public argument through questions from Writing Public Lives.
Finetooth. "Amargosa Desert" Nov 5 2009. CC. 
1. Freewrite on the goal of my argument
The goal of my argument is to convince physical therapists and their patients that the use of electrical stimulation in physical therapy is an effective treatment. I want the readers to see through my experience and factual evidence that this technology could be very useful/is already very useful.

2. Plausible vs Nonplausible Actions/Reactions
Plausible reactions from my readers could be that they agree with my argument and believe all the evidence and facts that I provide. Nonplausible reactions could include the readers having personal experience with the treatment and experience it being ineffective.

3. Effects of Plausible Action
If my readers do find my argument to be true then it could lead to an increase in physical therapists treating patients with electrical stimulation and patients being healed faster and easier. It could even lead to development of the technology of electrical stimulation because the demand goes up and there would be more research on it.

4. Possible Audiences
My audiences will most likely include physical therapists, doctors, and patients. More specifically this could be newly certified physical therapists, doctors doing research on new treatments, patients seeking out a new type of treatment if their current one isn't working as well as they would like, etc.

1 comment: