Thursday, October 15, 2015

Reflection on Project 2 Draft

In this post I will reflect on Savannah's and Kyle's draft for Project 2.
ASIF_JALAL_RIZVI. "Autumn" Dec 23 2007. Free Documentation License.
Do you have an identifiable thesis? Does it point to the specific rhetorical strategies?

I do have an identifiable thesis that states that how the author uses rhetorical strategies in his text makes his argument effective but I realized don't mention the specific strategies. I plan on doing so in my revised intro.

How have you decided to organize your essay? Does each paragraph have a central point?

I've decided to organize my essay by focusing on one rhetorical strategy per body paragraph. Each paragraph does have a central point that's supported with evidence and analysis.

Did you identify and analyze the five elements of the rhetorical situation?

I identified the text, audience, and author. I realize I should make them more identifiable and also talk about the constraints and reasoning the text was made.

Did you explain how and why certain rhetorical strategies were employed? 

Yes, I did. For each rhetorical strategy I showed how it affected the audience. I might want to go back and include why the author did so more. I made sure to show how the strategy that was used was effective in the text.

Are you thoughtfully using evidence in each paragraph?

Yes, I made sure to use specific examples in each paragraph. I made sure to try and use multiple examples where applicable and show analysis for each.

Do you leave your reader wanting more?

Honestly, probably not. I always have a hard time with attention grabbers and using interesting phrases. I think my opinion might have something to do with the topic itself as well. I think I do answer the "so what" question though.


No comments:

Post a Comment