Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

Below I will reflect my thoughts on my experience with Project 3.
Liz West. "Lythrum Salicaria" July 26 08. Creative Commons Attribution.
1. What specifically revised from one draft to another?

From my original draft I added in more sources and other stories that involved experiences in physical therapy. I also added more factual information.

2. How did you reconsider your thesis or organization?

I really just ended up changing the genre before I began my draft. I switched from more of a scientific journal to an article on a common website.

3. What led you to these changes? A reconsideration of audience? A change in purpose?

My strongest argument lies within my personal experience with the topic and I think an article was a much better route to go than a scientific journal. I realized this would pertain to my audience much more and make my argument much for effective and the new genre would fit much better.

4. How do these changes affect your credibility as an author?

I don't know if it affects my actual credibility as much as it just fits my credibility more. I think I have more credibility writing in my article genre over the scientific journal.

5. How will these changes better address the author or venue?

It will address me as an author much better because a large part of the article is about my personal story. If I were to do a journal my opinion really wouldn't be part of my project at all.

6. How did you reconsider sentence structure and style? 

I tried to keep it pretty formal without being too serious. The language I use is easy to understand because my audience is very broad so it fits the general public but also isn't very informal.

7. How will these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?

I think this change will drastically assist my audience in understanding my topic because some people will actually be able to relate and also see other instances where the therapy has worked. I think this makes my audience much larger and pertains more to my focus.

8. Did you have to reconsider the conventions of the particular genre in which you are writing?

I did a bit. I know articles usually have many visual aspects and my article is mostly content focused and doesn't necessarily need that convention of the genre but I think for my audience having that visual element is really helpful.

9. How does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer?

I think it strengthens my identity as a writer because it makes me really look back at my work and really realize what my process was throughout creating my project and seeing how far I've come from the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment