Monday, November 23, 2015

Reflecting More on My Writing Experiences

In this post I will answer questions about my writing experiences this semester.


Cacophony. "Landscape Arch" June 12 2009. CC. 
1.What were the biggest challenges you faced this semester, overall?

Overall my biggest challenges were completing all the coursework on time and making sure my final drafts were how I wanted them to be. Also I really struggled with getting the aesthetics right on my final projects (Project 1 & 3).

2. What did you learn this semester about your own time managment, writing and editorial skills?

I learned that I actually have really good time management skills. In the beginning I struggled because I wasn't used to the workload but throughout the semester I really improved. As for writing and editorial skills, I think I have strong skills in both. I consider myself a good writer but when it comes to editing I have trouble editing my own work, but can edit others just fine. I could still improve in my personal editorial skills.

3. What do you know about the concept of 'genre'? Explain how understanding this concept is central to being a more effective writer.

I know so much more about the concept of genre than I did at the beginning of the semester. I've learned how important understanding the genre you're writing in is because it really determines the effectiveness of the piece you're writing. If you don't completely understand the genre you're writing in before you write then your work will turn out very poor no matter how good the content of it is.

4. What skills from this course might you use and/or develop further in the next few years of college coursework?

I think this course has helped me become a lot more technologically savvy and I've learned how to research different topics in certain genres depending on the type of content I'm looking for. I've also learned how to effectively use my time and plan out projects through the course of multiple weeks. These new skills will be extremely helpful for the next few years of college.

5. What was your most effective moment from this semester in 109H? 

My most effective moment was the weeks when we were completing project 2 because I knew the genre very well so creating the project wasn't as difficult or time consuming and by that time I was already used to the amount of work we were expected so it wasn't difficult at all to complete all the tasks I needed to.

6. What was your least effective moment from this semester in 109H? 

My least effective moment was the weeks we were creating project 1. College was very new to me and I had never even heard of a QRG before and I just felt very lost and stressed about english and everything else in my life. The coursework was a lot for me in the beginning and I felt like I didn't know what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment