Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Considering Visual Elements

In this post I will discuss the types of visual elements I'll be using in my Project 3.
che. "Human Eye" Nov 30 2005. CC.
1. What color choices best reflect the visual-rhetorical tone of my project?

I should probably use lighter colors. I was thinking light blues and cool colors to make it less dark. I think this would best reflect the visual-rhetorical tone to encourage my readers not to be afraid of e-stim.

2. What color is the most appropriate or visually engaging for my project?

Most likely light blues.

3. How might I vary the fonts used in my project for emphasis, such as in the title and the body   of my project? 

I think making my title and subheadings bolder and bigger than my actual content will probably make my visual strategy most effective.

4. Do the headings used in my project stand out and break up text clearly? Should other fonts or colors be used?

Yes, because I'm going to be separating my text with different subtopics and therefore I'm going to need the headings to stand out. I'm still debating on using other fonts because I'm not sure my visual-rhetorical strategy will call for it.

5. Is the feeling or tone that the image invokes appropriate to the visual-rhetorical tone of my argument?

Yes, it will be. I'm going to use images of the therapy itself which will be appropriate for what I'm arguing.

6. Do your eyes move easily from section to section in the order that you intended?

Yes, I'm going to order my argument strategically and separate the content with subheadings in order to make it easily scannable and understandable.

7. From your outline, is the visual-rhetorical tone of your project consistent? 

Yes, I'm going to make sure that my visual-rhetorical tone is consistent throughout my whole project.

2 comments:

  1. I think including a picture of someone undergoing the treatment is a great idea because it will make it less daunting to the readers. I agree with you about organizing the article by subheadings, because that will make it more organized and easier to read. I plan on doing the same thing. Good luck with your essay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you know what you want to do with your essay. I wish I picked a genre that gives more creative freedom. I chose a research essay so it can't have any subheadings, font change, or any interesting visuals. I agree with Kelly that adding pictures of people undergoing e-stim and subheadings is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete